Regulations on article peer review
1. All manuscripts submitted to the Editorial Board to be considered for publication in Terra Economicus (short description TE) are to be checked, during two weeks, for their accordance with the Requirements to Authors defined by the Editorial Board. The manuscripts that do not correspond to the requirements would be rejected. The manuscripts that have been prepared in accordance with the requirements are subject to a double-blind peer-review process.
2. Process of reviewing is confidential. All information about the reviewer is anonymous to the authors and available to the Editorial Board only. The reviewer selected among leading scientists is assigned considering his research interest and specialization in particular areas of economic science. Reviewers have publications on the subject of peer-reviewed articles (in the last 3 years).
3. The review process may take up to 9 months.
4. The reviewer should provide written, unbiased feedback on the scholarly merits and scientific value of the work.
5. The feedback should include a qualified analysis of the material presented in the manuscript, its objective assessment, and justified recommendations. The reviewer has to indicate whether the writing is clear, concise, and relevant and rate the work’s composition, scientific accuracy, originality, and interest to readers.
6. List of References of the manuscript submitted should include main studies on the research topic, contemporary journal publishing articles of different Russian and foreign authors. Recommended self-citation rate is not to exceed 20%.
7. Based on peer review, the article may be declined or returned to the authors as requiring improvement or accepted for publication. If the reviewer concludes to accept the article for publication, the manuscript is reviewed by the Editorial Board again (in two weeks), and the Editorial Board decides on publication.
8. In case of rejection to publish an article, editors send motivated refusal to the author in two weeks since the last negative feedback had been received from the reviewer. The Editorial Board cannot enter into correspondence about papers rejected. Authors of manuscripts rejected are allowed to resubmit their manuscripts only once.
9. When negatively criticized, the manuscript may be sent for a repeated review. Articles sent out to authors for correction should be returned to the Editorial Board no later than two months after reception (or more, if additional research is required). The repeated review is to be implemented by the same reviewer and lasts no more than two months.
10. After the reviewer’s approval, the manuscripts are to be considered by the Editorial Board in two weeks.
11. The Editorial Board meeting takes place at least once a month, to reach a final decision on manuscripts’ publication, its terms, and format. After the decision is made, the articles are submitted for publication.
12. All reviews are kept in the Editorial Board for 5 years. The Editorial Board is obliged to send copies of reviews to the Ministry of education and science of the Russian Federation in case of the relevant request.
PEER REVIEWER INSTRUCTION
for the manuscripts submitted to be considered for publication in
|ISSUES TO BE COVERED BY THE REVIEW||HIGH||MEDIUM||LOW||COMMENTS|
|Relevance in a specific scientific area according to the Nomenclature of specialties accepted by the Higher Attestation Commission|
|Correspondence to the Journal themes/orientation/certain section|
|Does the publication meets the requirements for research publication standards|
|Theoretical contribution and/or practical application|
|Recommendations for change|