SFeDu

Systemology of the settlement and the regional structure of Russia

TERRA ECONOMICUS, , Vol. 11 (no. 4.1),
p. 81-89

Using a systematic approach, we have shown that existing regional network of the Russian Federation is characterized by the entropy level that goes beyond acceptable values. To improve the situation, it is proposed in the article to reduce the number of regions from 83 to 57. The coefficients defining the strategy for managing the resettlement of the population to organize the regional structure of the Russian Federation are calculated.

Keywords: system analysis; ranking distribution; entropy; structure optimization

References:
  • Adamesku A.A., Semenov, P.E., Tikhomirov Y.A. and Stuhlberg B.M. (2003). The administrative and territorial structure of Russia: economic and legal basis. Moscow: DeKA Publ., 438 p. (In Russian).
  • Galperin V.M., Ignatyev S.M. and Morgunov V.I. (2007). Microeconomics, in 3 volumes, vol. 2. Saint-Petersburg: The School of Economics, 512 p. (In Russian).
  • Grachev G.A. (2010). The model of urban settlement optimal system status. Izvestiya RAN. Geographical series, no. 3, pp. 46–51. (In Russian).
  • Grachev G.A. (2011) Pareto principle modeling. Rostov-on-Don: Southern Federal University Publ., 224 p. (In Russian).
  • Kistanov V.V. (1993). The administrative and territorial structure of Russia – to put on the economic basis. The Economist, no. 8, pp. 56–62. (In Russian).
  • Kistanov V.V. (2007). The association of regions of Russia (benefits for management and entrepreneurship). On the reform of the territorial structure. Moscow: Ekonomika Publ., 151 p. (In Russian).
  • Kolkov A.I. (1989). Harmony and creativity. Voprosy psychologii, no. 1, pp. 83–90. (In Russian).
  • Podlesnih V.I. (2003). The theory of organization. Saint-Petersburg: «Business Press» Publishing House, 336 p. (In Russian).
  • Popov R.A. (2010). Systemology of the regional economy. Moscow: The Higher School Publ., 223 p. (In Russian).
  • Prigogine I. and Stinger A. (1986). Order out of chaos. Man’s new dialogue with nature. Moscow: Progress, 432 p. (In Russian).
  • Soroko E.M. (1984). Structural harmony of systems. Minsk: Science and technology, 264 p. (In Belarussian).
  • Shannon K. (1963). Works on Information Theory and Cybernetics. Moscow: Inostrannaya Literatura Publ., 830 p. (In Russian).
  • Auerbach F. (1913). Das gesetz der bevolkerungs konzentrationen. Peterman`s Mittellungen, vol. 59, pp. 74–76.
  • World Bank (2003). Country Economic Memorandum (CEM) – Russian Federation.
Publisher: Southern Federal University
Founder: Southern Federal University
ISSN: 2073-6606